About 40% of our customer suffered from Plantar Fasciitis. It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes (plantar fascia).
There is a lot of information in internet talking on its cause and treatment.
• Poor quality footwear
• Excess weight
• Commonly occurs in people over 50
• Overuse or strain by athletes, especially runners
Below is a link by Prof Philip Vasyli, using a simple way explain its cause and how to treat it.
Below is the link for exercise on the arch muscle : Prof Brian Hoke teach us more on the technique of doing exercise on the arch muscle, not just only grasp marble or using towel,
Below is the link relieve pain from Plantar Fasciits: simple way to do exercise at home
How to select a good shoe?
1. Shoe inlay should be a good cushining material, e.g. Poron, memory cushion to absorb shock.
2. Inner shoe inlay should a good arch support design that can contour your foot bed.
3. The shoe heel counter have a enhanced design , avoid change of shoe shape, give you better heel support.
4. A medical grade orthotic may be required for severe condition, help to resume your natural gait alignment.